Quick Facts About eHarmony:
- eHarmony has over 20 years of experience uniting couples from different walks of life and has been regarded as one of the top players in the online matchmaking industry.
- About 2 million people have been able to find love, thanks to eHarmony and it’s intricate and accurate compatibility matching system.
- eHarmony currently serves the USA as well as 200 different countries around the world, so you’ll never know which exciting part of the world your next partner may be from.
- According to eHarmony’s user data, every 14 minutes, two people on eHarmony will find their match in each other and be on their way to love.
- Over 2.3 million messages are exchanged between members on the eHarmony dating platform each week
- Their user base consists of 59% male members, while the remaining 49% are female members.
- eHarmony’s dating service is also available via apps for both iOS and Android
How You Get Matched
eHarmony boasts a uniquely developed compatibility matching system known as the 32 DIMENSIONS model.
The system requires users to spend about 20 minutes answering 70+ questions about themselves.
Users are asked to choose two open-ended questions, to give their profiles more individuality and character
- Topics of the questions include personal quirks and habits, outlook and perspective on life, their expectation from a match or potential partner and EQ assessment questions.
- Matches are selected by age, location, beliefs and similar interests
- Users can set custom match preference profiles to see specific types of matches.
- Profiles are simplified and contain bite-size information of the person like personal particulars, location, interests, occupation, religion, race, pets/children and marital status.
- eHarmony also has a blog, where they share expert dating/relationship advice, tips and tricks for dating, how-to guides for eHarmony and self-care articles
- Their FAQ has all the answers to commonly asked questions about profiles, accounts, matches, compatibility quiz results, safety, pricing, and technical issues.
Profile Registration & Features
- 1. You can do a quick sign-up directly from the eHarmony website (https://www.eharmony.com)
- 2. Fill in your preferences, your email, and new password. You can also choose to sign-up with facebook.
- 3. You will be redirected to their compatibility quiz.
- 4. Answer all 5 stages in the quiz and all questions asked. These questions help eHarmony’s match system find the most suitable matches for you.
- 5. You will then be prompted to fill in your personal particulars.
- 6. Proceed with uploading a photo of yourself. Make sure that the photo is clear, shows your face and does not have additional embellishments like stickers or tags. These photos will be verified by the eHarmony security team before being published on your profile.
- 7. Answer two open-ended questions about yourself and explain a bit about your ideal man or woman. These questions will be displayed on your profile.
- 8. And just like that, your profile is complete!
- 1. You will see 3 main tabs : “Home”, “Matches”, and “Messages”
- 2. You can see all your messages from the “New Messages” section.
- 3. You can view your new matches every day from the “New Matches” section. Use the “Say Hi” button on each match profile to send a quick greeting to matches that you fancy.
- 4. You can set your status from the “What’s On My Mind Right Now” box to the right of the screen.
The eHarmony site is completely secured using the latest SSL encryption technology to ensure that any data sent or received on the platform remains confidential. Aside from that, eHarmony has a dedicated team that checks and verifies user profiles, contact details, and pictures uploaded onto the platform. This way you can be certain that you’re communicating with a real person, interested to find love. For added security, you can choose to control your profile visibility and online status.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q : Can I delete matches that I don’t like?
A: Yes, eHarmony allows match deletions. There are two ways to delete a match, depending on whether you have started to communicate with them or not. For matches that you have not initiated a conversation with, you can delete them with the “Delete Match” feature. For any match that you have been contacting and would no longer like to stay in touch any longer, you can use the “Remove Contact” feature. This feature is also available from your “Messages” tab.
Q : Can I see my own Compatibility report?
A: Yes, you can. Your own compatibility report can be accessed from the quick navigation pane on your profile or via the “Your Personality Profile” tab.
Q : Can I set my own preferences for match searching?
A : Yes, you can. Match preferences can be set based on age, location, height, smoking habits, and preference towards kids. Additional match options like religion, ethnicity, income and education are for premium users.
Q : Is the site safe to use?
A: Yes. The site is fully encrypted with the latest SSL technology. eHarmony also has a dedicated security team that periodically monitors shady signups, suspicious profiles, fake images, and overall site security. This way, you can be sure that your online dating experience with be a safe one.
Q : Does eHarmony have a mobile version?
A: eHarmony has specific mobile apps for both iOS and Android. For those who are always on-the-go, now you can plan your date nights on the move with eHarmony’s mobile apps.