- Match.com boasts to have produced millions of connections, love stories, and of course, marriages, that any other online dating site in its 20 years of existence.
- The app version, available on both iTunes and Google Play, is one of the most top-rated and most suggested dating apps today. 80% of Match members access the platform through the mobile app.
- Match.com has member from various generations. 31% of its members are millennials, 36% are Gen X, and 28% are Boomers.
- Match.com has over 20 million single members from all over the world.
- 9 million from those are paid subscribers.
- More than half of the platform’s members are from the united states, with an almost equal gender proportion ration.
- You can disclose your status on the platform, whether you are single, divorced, separated or whether you are senior, christian, or part of the LGBTQ community
HOW IT WORKS
You have to create your personal account to get the benefits of Match.com. You can either go to their website or download their mobile app.
The platform will then ask basic dating questions such as: your gender, the type you are looking to date which is either a man or a woman, and the age range of the one you are looking to date. You can either link your personal email or your Facebook account to start your profile. It is generally easy to create an account on Match.com. Both the site and the app version are very easy to navigate.
The site’s profile builder is a good help. It is a step-by-step process in which you can fill up your profile with all the necessary details. Yes, it includes information such as your height, relationships, and preferences. There is an “About Me” corner in your profile in which you can shortly describe yourself in a creative and interesting manner.
Another great thing about the platform is that you can start using it right away. But in order to build your credibility, the platform now has the option to let you verify your profile with a badge to appear with it just so people would know you are real, which is a good thing.
Once your profile is ready, you can begin to search for your match.
CONNECTING AND FINDING YOUR MATCH
- The best thing about match.com is that it has one of the most comprehensive profiles among many dating platforms available online. Here, there is no tutorial but you’ll get it right away.
- You can personally add up to 26 photos on your profile, which you can import from Facebook or from your devices. 26 might be a lot for starters and its best to start with a sweet 5 to 6 photos. TIP: You wouldn’t want to look too eager by uploading a lot.
- There are a variety of ways to look for possible matches while using the platform. Some will find this complicated but some actually prefers it that way.
- For one, you can personally do your profile search on the platform and look for things that interests you (Netflix, age, food, and a lot more!).
- There are also other personalized matches like the Daily Matches, Match Me, Mutual Matches, and Reverse Matches. These actually vary everyday.
- For the Daily Matches, the platform will match you with profiles they think best fit you. It can be about 5 to 8 matches a day.
- The Match Me however is the other way around. Here, the platform will Match you to the person whom you want to notice you. They will add you to that person’s Daily Matches. This is by far the favorite of a lot of people but is actually offered as an add-on feature that comes with a price of $1.99.
- The Mutual Match allows you to get a list of profile who are looking for qualities similar to what you are looking for while the Reverse Matches offers you a list of people who are looking for someone like you, but you might not necessary looking for them.
- There is also an option for you to list brands or things you love and look for people who actually prefers those things as well. This is a great option for people who want to enjoy things they love together.
- Aside from the standard options of liking a photo and sending messages (paid feature) or chat, you can also let the platform know if you are interested in a profile or match so that they can adjust their algorithm so they can find better matches in the future.
- Standard Subscription for sending messages and seeing who viewed your profile
- Premium Subscription access to more exclusive features, view profile anonymously, and voice calling features.
Match.com offers a three-day trial for free that allows you access its premium features. These features include having your profile featured in search results, appearing in new members’ emails, and knowing is someone has seen your profile or read your messages.
After the 3-day period and you would want to continue, you may choose between two types of membership — the Premium plan and the Standard plan. Each plan are offered in durations such as 1, 3, 6, and 12 months.
There are also a lot of add-on options which you can avail for a corresponding price.
- 1 month at $41.99
- 3 month at $26.99/month
- 6 month at $23.99/month
- 12 month at $20.99/month
- 3 month at $31.99/month
- 6 month at $26.65/month
- 12 month at $20.99/month
The membership is automatically renewed at the end of your commitment period but you have the option to cancel anytime.
THINGS YOU SHOULD CONSIDER
- Monthly subscription fee
- Add-on fees
- Huge database
While the platform offers one of the best services available, it is still worth checking if the price is worth it. Yes, they have a good algorithm that can be altered depending on your need and they offer a good deal of additional 6-months worth of subscription if they did not find you a good match in the first 6-months however, you have to check if paying $20.99 a month is something you can do and afford.
The free trial is a good way to know if the platform is really for you. By the end of 1, 3, or 6 months, if you feel that it brings little or no help, then perhaps you can cancel your paid subscription and continue as a free member.
The platform has a huge database, which can work as an advantage or disadvantage to some. Basically, these people are new to online dating just like you are. It might take only just a few try to meet your match here which is good but it may also be a reason to cut the getting-to-know short and check out other profile in the database if things do not work out easily.
When did Match.com started?
Match.com was founded in 1993 as a dating classified ad but was launched in 1995 as an online dating site.
Where is Match.com located?
The company’s main headquarters is located in Dallas, Texas. It also has offices in San Francisco and West Hollywood and has international arm in Tokyo and Beijing.
Is Match.com available internationally?
Match.com is available to 25 countries and hosts 15 different languages. It also powers online dating for Yahoo! Personals in Australia and North America, and for other partners in countries throughout Asia, Europe, North America, and South America.
Does Match.com have a mobile app?
Yes, the Match app is available for download on both the App Store and Google Play.
How does Match.com works?
You can sign-up for free by going through the website or app and fill-up necessary information
Is Match.com free?
There is a free feature and a paid feature available for subscribers
How much is Match.com membership?
The amount varies depending on your choice — premium or standard. Price also varies if you are going to get 1, 3, 6, or 12 month subscription.
Is the membership renewed automatically?
Yes. It is renewed for the same price and duration but you have the option to cancel the subscription anytime through your Account setting so that recurring cost would stop.
What is the dating guarantee of Match.com?
The platforms guarantee a match for members who avail of the 6-month subscription. If there are no successful match within the 6-month duration, an additional 6-month worth of membership will be given for free
Can you delete your Match.com account?
You can delete your account anytime on the Account Setting and you may also reactivate anytime.