- BlackPeopleMeet is also operated by PeopleMedia, which is owned by match.com.
- While it specifically has a target market which is African-American singles in the USA, people from various races can sign-up and become members
- It has a magazine or blog that contains dating advice, success stories, and tips for singles.
- BlackPeopleMeet has about 5 million members from all over the world
- It has about 16,000 daily logins with also millions of unique visits every month
- It has a good male and female ratio
HOW IT WORKS
It is very easy to sign-up and create your personal profile on BlackPeopleMeet. For one, it has a very good interface and easy to navigate site and mobile apps.
In order to sign-up, you need to provide basic information such as your email address, username, and birthday. Then, the platform will ask you to fill-up more personal information such as something about you, preferences, interests, and a lot more. After finishing the profile, you can immediately search for a match. But it is good to note that even if your profile is not 100% complete, you can first skip the process and search for a match immediately.
Members should upload a profile picture as well which you can get directly from your Facebook account to make things easier.
The platform invites users to subscribe for its premium services upon sign-up but you may very well start by trying it for free.
CONNECTING AND FINDING YOUR MATCH
- BlackPeopleMeet allows you to go ahead and search for a match after signing up. Completing a profile here is not necessary but users are encouraged to customize their profile so that interested people would visit and connect.
- Every user gets about 11 features matches per day. Searching for a match is free and all active members on the site can be seen as well. All users regardless of membership can view the profile pictures of other members as well.
- A great feature of the platform is that it allows news users to select pre-scripted greetings that cover various topics. You can select something that you think would most fit your personality.
- You can have the option to send and receive messages as a paid member of the platform.
There are also a lot of add-on options which you can avail for a corresponding price.
- 1 month at $16.75
- 3 month at $13.95/month
- 6 month at $11.95/month
- 280tokens for$9.99
- 110tokens for$3.99
- 25tokens for$0.99
BlackPeopleMeet.com offers packages that span 1, 3, and 6 months. Each includes standard upgrade benefits like sending emails and live chat. Subscription packages are charged in full during the time of the purchase but the platform also offers a monthly charge by simply selecting the 1-month package which is renewed monthly.
Tokens, available for separate prices, can be used to purchase additional features like PromoteMe, MatchMe, NotifyMe and VirtualGifts.
There is a one-time processing fee charge of $3.99 for first time subscription.
THINGS YOU SHOULD CONSIDER
- Profile completion
- Membership fees
- Add-on fees
While profile completion at BlackPeopleMeet is not required, it is still good for you to be able to fill it up completely so that you can spark interests of potential matches. This will also let your profile appear genuine. Uploading a profile photo is a must too.
You must also consider both the membership fee and additional fees for added features and see if spending a minimum of $27 to $30 a month is something you can manage.
When did BlackPeopleMeet started?
The platform was launched as a dating site in 2002.
Is BlackPeopleMeet safe and legit?
It is considered one of the safest dating platforms available today. It is very legitimate with it being the largest dating community for black people
Is BlackPeopleMeet an exclusively platform?
It is meant to cater to black people but people from various races can sign up as well.
Is BlackPeopleMeet free?
Signing-up for an account is free and there are also some great free features available. However, in other to fully utilize the site, members are encourage to upgrade for additional costs.
Is there a BlackPeopleMeet App?
Yes. The app is available for download for free, on both the App Store and Google Play.
What are included in the paid services of BlackPeopleMeet?
Aside from the standard chat and sending and receiving messages, there are also other cool features like PromoteMe and ConnectMe that you can avail for a fee.
Does the membership automatically renews?
Yes but you have the option to manage it manually by choosing “Remove Automatic Renewal” on your account settings.
Can I delete my BBPeopleMeet account?
Yes, there is an option for you to delete your profile on the “My Account” tab.
The platform urges members to take personal safety precautions by not sharing personal and private information with people they just met online. They also have a great support line in case of emergency.